[gnutls-dev] Re: libgwenhywfar and gnucash

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Mon Jun 12 02:48:08 CEST 2006

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:

> On Sat 10 Jun 2006 19:31, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
>> > What do you mean with file formats?
>>
>> You'd have to ask Thomas Viehmann.  People have files in which their
>> keys are stored, perhaps configuration data, and whatnot.  Can I put
>> you in touch with him?
>> About all this, I am very far from expert, and am really trying to
>> get people to start working directly together... :)
>
> Actually this is something outside our (gnutls') scope. It's up to the
> libgwenhywfar author to decide to use gnutls, not ours. If he decides
> so we could help him in case he has questions or so. Until then I don't
> think there is something we can do.

Ok, what we have is a foolish impasse, and I want/hope/plead that
*someone* will lift a finger to help out.

The gwenhywfar author thinks that by granting the openssl license
exception he's done all he needs to.  you think that by doing nothing,
you've done all you need to.

and, meanwhile, everybody loses.

can you please decide that helping the gwenhywfar people with this is
worth the effort, will help free software and free software users?
Please??

Thomas