[gnutls-dev] pkg-config file for libgnutls

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Feb 22 07:59:12 CET 2007

Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> writes:

>> Ah, maybe fixing that bug is the real solution.  Then gnutls could
>> have:
>
>> Requires.private: libtasn1
>
>> and no 'Requires:'.
> [...]
>

> gnutls is not in the same boat as gtk*. None of gnutls headers include
> headers from tasn. Requires are not necessary for gnutls.

You've convinced me, I'm reverting this change.

I came up with another reason why the 'Requires: libtasn1' is wrong:
gnutls doesn't use or require libtasn1 if GnuTLS was built with
--with-included-minitasn1.

This means that Pavlov's gnutls-dev package will have to contain a
manually maintained dependency on libtasn1-dev.  For my Debian shishi
package, I had the same issue with the *-dev packages, and as far as I
can see, there is unfortunately no better way to solve it.

/Simon