[gnutls-dev] HAEDS UP: Moving away from CVS

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Feb 23 13:35:03 CET 2007

I'm considering moving away from CVS, mainly because of branch
handling and offline repository support.  Officially only 1.6.x and
1.7.x are supported, but I suspect that I would have to release
patches for at least 1.4.x and 1.2.x too, and perhaps even 1.0.x, when
a security problem is discovered.  Offline repositories allows me and
others to work with full VC history available when I don't have
connectivity.

My main candidate is git, but I'm considering other tools too.  I need
to learn git a bit more before deciding, but right now, it seems to be
the most promising choice.

Now, packing for FOSDEM...
/Simon