[gnutls-dev] Preparing for the next stable release

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Jul 6 12:42:12 CEST 2007

ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hey,
>
> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:
>
>> Hmm, do we need to change the node names?  Perhaps we only need to
>> change the titles?  I mean:
>>
>>  @node Authentication methods
>> - at chapter Authentication methods
>> + at chapter Authentication Methods
>
> Yes, we could do that.

Please post a patch. :)

>> Is there any place (except the HTML filenames, which doesn't seem very
>> important) where the node name is shown to readers?
>
> In menus and next/previous/up/down pointers in HTML files produced by
> `makeinfo'.

Hm, not critical, but may be nice to fix those anyway.

>> Anyway, now is a very good time to make changes like this, so we'd might
>> as well change the node names too.
>
> Why not.  It depends on the likelihood that other manuals already rely
> on these node names.  Were they the same in 1.6?  Any idea of what
> manuals link to the GnuTLS manual?

The manual node structure has been the same for a long time, I think.
However, I don't think manuals link directly into the GnuTLS manual.  I
have no way to tell for sure though.

I'd say a good compromise here seems to be to change the titles but not
the node names.

/Simon