[gnutls-dev] Problems with gtk-doc

Ludovic Courtès ludo at chbouib.org
Mon Jun 11 18:53:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> ludo at chbouib.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> For some reason, `make' now fails here in `doc/reference':
>>
>>   $ make -C doc/reference/
>>   make: Entering directory `/home/ludo/src/gnutls/doc/reference'
>>   gtk-doc: Scanning header files
>>   [...]
>>   gtk-doc: Compiling scanner
>>   gnutls-scan.c:5:25: error: glib-object.h: No such file or directory
>>   [...]
>>
>> Clearly, it lacks `pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags` as CFLAGS.
>> Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pinpoint the root of the problem.
>> Re-running `autoreconf' and `configure' didn't help.  Any hint?
>
> Remove 'gnutls.types' in that directory.  The file is sometimes
> generated by the gtk-doc-tools (but not always!) and if it is present,
> gtk-doc will use different tools.

It worked!

It may indeed qualify as a `gtk-doc-tools' bug.  ;-)

> I believe I have fixed this in git master now.  At least 'make
> distcheck' passes, which it didn't do before.

I can't see any change related to that in the repo at `repo.or.cz'.  Did
you forget to push it?

Now, I'm still unable to run `distcheck' because PDF generation fails [0].
I believe the issue is that several runs are needed to get it right but
make stops after the first one (which fails).  But then, how can it work
on your computer and not on mine?

Thanks!

Ludovic.

[0] http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnutls-dev/2007-May/001678.html