[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS and Google Summer of Code 2007
simon at josefsson.org
Mon Mar 5 08:37:10 CET 2007
Hi! GnuTLS will try to participate in the Google Summer of Code, see:
Right now we are collecting ideas for projects, the ideas from 2006
1. Datagram TLS support. RFC 4347 describe a UDP version of TLS.
2. Support for the elliptic curves ciphersuites as an alternative
comment: I think I saw some patches for libgcrypt about this
quite recently, which could be a basis for this work.
3. Redesign and rewrite libtasn1 (asn.1 parser library). The new
implementation must be efficient and easy to extend with new
types and encoding rules (say BER and DER).
4. Write a crypto backend to perform (symmetric and assymetric
de/encryption, hash and MAC, key generation, random number
generation). It should be able to utilize libgcrypt and other
free libraries, such as libtomcrypt, and should be extendable
for hardware drivers.
I can immediately add some ideas:
5. Work on integrating support for some of the newer TLS
extensions, which can include better TLS 1.2 support.
6. Integrate the NIST X.509 self-tests and make sure we pass them.
This could be an important step for FIPS certification of
7. OpenPGP related improvements?
I'd appreciate suggestions for other ideas that might attract good
If you want to propose something and work on it as a student, let me
More information about the Gnutls-devel