[gnutls-dev] Things to do before next stable release?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Sat May 26 22:22:57 CEST 2007

Oh, right, definitely.  Thanks for reminding me.  I'll try to get 1.6.3
out tonight, then I'll work on reworking the sign callback API, and wait
for your review of it.  After that, we can move it into the 1.7.x
branch.  I think the sign callback work is important enough to hold up
the next stable branch.

Note to self, my todo-list before releasing 1.8.0 right now is:

* Fix sign callback API to be per-credential rather than per-session.

* Check copyright papers for everyone who contributed during the 1.7.x
  phase (I opportunistically installed some fixes after confirming with
  authors that they were sending copyright assignments, although I have
  not verified that the assignment were actually received).

* Make sure the stuff in the GIT repository (i.e., all recent work) is
  available through CVS, either through back-ports to the old server or
  a git-cvsserver approach.

/Simon