[gnutls-dev] Time-based release schedule and GnuTLS v2.2 plans
simon at josefsson.org
Tue Sep 11 11:00:36 CEST 2007
I like the time-based release schedule of Gnome, Ubuntu etc, so I'd like
to do the same for GnuTLS. I'm thinking of having 3 stable releases per
year. I'm not sure about the timing, but considering that we just had a
stable release, I'm thinking 1 January, 1 May and 1 September. What do
We need to begin planning for v2.2 as well. Here are some ideas:
* Integrate CAMELLIA support, we have a patch and copyright papers but
the patch need some attention.
* Opaque PRF Input support. I'm working on this now.
* Better TLS extension API. Make it possible to define a TLS extension
from the application or third party library. Not sure if this is
useful, it is rather simple to add it inside the library now.
* Integrate tighter PKCS#11 support.
* Optimization -- run cachegrind on the test-suite etc.
* Separate X.509 stuff into a separate library. Especially the PKCS#8
and PKCS#7 stuff. This would lead to a smaller library for embedded
More information about the Gnutls-devel