seg fault in crypto.h code

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Apr 25 13:18:21 CEST 2008

"Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos" <n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> writes:

> I'll check it. This weekend I'll have some free time (btw. the mpi and
> pk interface are also pretty much ready -no testing though).

I'm beginning to think that we shouldn't push this into gnutls 2.4.  I
want to get v2.4 out in the next few weeks (it is already almost a month
late).  Adding the mpi/pk stuff, and having little or no testing of the
overall crypto.h stuff, and no self-tests, and no plan to handle the
multithread concerns, all seems likely to cause further delays.

So, please, push your mpi/pk work to a separate branch.

For the v2.4 release, reverting the crypto.h related code seems also
likely to cause problems, so I think 'make install' simply shouldn't
install crypto.h, and we should say that those APIs are off-limits
(i.e., if we change the function prototypes for those functions, we
won't bump the ABI version.)

What do you think?  Others?

/Simon