Handshake fails with Internal error in memory allocation
nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Apr 29 00:14:13 CEST 2008
Simon Josefsson wrote:
> This error has come up lately, see:
> The cause seems clear, the server sends a huge list of CA certs and
> GnuTLS runs into some fixed size buffer or something. This reproduces
> gnutls-cli -p 25 -s mail3.mclemente.net
> ehlo foo
> Nikos, do you have any idea? I could look at it, but have little time
> right now.
There is this function that can be used to increase the default
handshake packet size. The current is 16kb and is used to protect from
denial of service.
* gnutls_handshake_set_max_packet_length - set the maximum length of a
* @session: is a #gnutls_session_t structure.
* @max: is the maximum number.
* This function will set the maximum size of a handshake message.
* Handshake messages over this size are rejected. The default value
* is 16kb which is large enough. Set this to 0 if you do not want to
* set an upper limit.
More information about the Gnutls-devel