GnuTLS and RFC2712?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 25 02:21:51 CET 2008

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Btw, Nikos, do you know if there is any license problem to use GPLv3
> code with mod_gnutls?  As far as I understand, GPLv3 is compatible with
> the Apache license, even though GPLv2 was not compatible.  But I may
> have missed some point.

I believe GPLv3 is compatible with the Apache 2.0 license.  The resulting
combined work must be distributed under the GPLv3 with the additional
restriction clause exercised, as permitted by the GPLv3.  The relevant
additional restriction added to the license of the combined work is the
Apache 2.0 patent provision.

This response is based on an answer by RMS to a similar question on
another mailing list.