guile self-tests fail in v.2.5?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Wed Jul 2 16:34:55 CEST 2008

Hi Simon,

Please find attached a patch that fixes compilation on `master' (I
prefer to let you review it and apply it).

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> On the master trunk there has been some heavy internal changes recently,
> but no incompatible API changes as far as I understand, and now the
> guile self-tests fails:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jas/src/gnutls/guile/tests'
> guile: uncaught throw to gnutls-error: (#<gnutls-error-enum The Diffie Hellman prime sent by the server is not acceptable (not long enough).> handshake)
> make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Interrupt

This is `anonymous-auth.scm': `gnutls_handshake ()' returns
`GNUTLS_E_DH_PRIME_UNACCEPTABLE' (whose error message is displayed
above).

Adding debugging output (which involves uncommenting the
`set-log-level!' and `set-log-procedure!' calls at the top of the file)
shows that the error is returned past `auth_dh_common.c:289'.

I tried changing the size of the DH prime used on the server-side (the
parameter to `make-dh-parameters'), as well as the minimum acceptable DH
size on the client side (the `set-session-dh-prime-bits!' parameter)
with no success.

I vaguely remember seeing a change regarding the default DH prime size,
but I couldn't find it.  Any hint?  Which commit initially triggered the
failure?

Thanks in advance,
Ludovic.