guile self-tests fail in v.2.5?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Jul 2 20:02:01 CEST 2008

ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:
>
>> Thanks, that allowed me to track down the problem.  It was a silly typo
>> in the dh generation code:
>
> Good news!
>
> Maybe that's an indication that either you should always run the Guile
> tests, or the test should be duplicated in C.  ;-)

I had the exact same thought. :)  I prefer to always run the Guile tests,
and that is simpler than duplicating it in C.

Generating DH pair uses libgcrypt's RNG code, which may be quite slow on
some machines, so it shouldn't be used too much in the self tests.
Avoiding duplicating it in C helps here.

/Simon