openpgp-certs failure under wine

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Sun Jun 15 23:05:16 CEST 2008

"Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos" <n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> writes:

>> Tracing it further, it seems it OpenCDK is returning EOF when parsing
>> the OpenPGP key, I'm not sure why.
>>
>> Nikos, can you reproduce this?  You'll need to install mingw32, wine,
>> binfmt-support and run ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc
>> --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu if you are using debian.
>
> Unfortunately not. gnutls couldn't compile with the setup (something
> about missing libgcrypt etc).
>
>> I'm leaving now, but will look into this next week unless you or someone
>> else has had time to debug it.
>
> I'm also leaving for holidays today so I'll be unable to work on this soon.

It seems the self-test also fails under Debian buildds:

http://bugs.debian.org/486269

I guess the use of 127.0.0.2 isn't portable?

Anyway, I think the simplest thing to do is to disable the self-test for
now, it was added too late in the release cycle and we don't have time
to work out the problems with it.  We can fix it in the 2.5.x branch.

/Simon