openpgp fingerprints for subkeys

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Jun 16 16:21:43 CEST 2008

On Mon 2008-06-16 09:41:06 -0400, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
>
>> Is it easy to implement this?  I think we could squeeze this
>> addition into 2.4.0 if you or Nikos come up with a patch soon.
>
> Could be easy but please do not delay the 2.4.0 for this. The
> merging of development with my branch is already very difficult!
> Such a function can be easily implemented at any point (currently
> I'm not home so I cannot provide a quick patch).

Attached, please find a patch to provide this functionality.  I've
tested it locally against private keys and certificates, and it seems
to work.  I still don't understand the test infrastructure, though, so
i haven't added a test, unfortunately.

Feedback on the patch is welcome.  I'm afraid it's a bit of a
cargo-cult patch (a fair bit of copy/paste from similar functions),
and it further aggravates the other concern i wrote about having too
many duplicate OpenPGP functions.  But it produces the correct
fingerprints for me.

Regards,

        --dkg

PS i also fixed a misleading comment in one of the existing
   fingerprint function headers.  Sorry to have two things in one
   patch.