OpenPGP certificate/key management thoughts about function re-organization and cleanup

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 16 16:30:07 CEST 2008

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:53, n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com said:

> This is quite unavoidable. I wanted to have a consistent API for X.509
> and Openpgp keys. If this changes consistency is pretty much gone!

It is probably too late now but you might want to look at the gpgme
interface for keys.  It is now in active use for 5 years.  For example,
retrieving all fingerprints of a key is a mere list walking.

By having the gnutls API similar to the one of gpgme it will make the
life of developers much easier.  You could just take the structure
definitions out of gpgme and use the same definition under a different
name in gnutls.

Just my 2 cents,

  Werner