Camellia block cipher don't work on current developers' releases 2.3.x.

Yoshisato YANAGISAWA yanagisawa at csg.is.titech.ac.jp
Fri May 2 17:03:32 CEST 2008

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>> I put the patch to fix the problem:
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?106314
>
> Thank you for the patch. I've just applied it.

Thank you.

>> The other problem is that camellia block cipher is disabled by configure
>> script even if the user using libgcrypt with camellia block cipher and
>> configured with --enable-camellia option.  You can repeat the problem by
>> installing libgcrypt to no default directory such as /tmp/test, and then
>> pointing the directory with --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/tmp/test as option
>> of the configure script.
>
> This is quite strange. As I see the configure file does:
> test -n "`$LIBGCRYPT_CONFIG --algorithms | grep -i camellia`"
> to check for camellia. Was the correct libgcrypt detected by the
> configure script?

Not only this statements detects camellia block cipher but also m4
script in lgl/m4.  As far as I tested, gc-camellia.m4 in lgl/m4 also
affect enabling or disabling Camellia block cipher.  It try to compile
camellia block cipher in libgcrypt to decide whether to use camellia or
not.  Some part of this m4 script is also included in configure script like:
	cat >conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF
/*confdefs.h. */
_ACEOF
cat confdefs.h >>conftest.$ac_ext
cat >>conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF
/* end confdefs.h. */
#include <gcrypt.h>
int
main()
{
return gcry_cipher_open (NULL, GCRY_CIPHER_CAMELLIA128, 0, 0);
 ;
 return 0;
}
_ACEOF
Here the option of compiler defined by "ac_compile" does not have cflags
for libgcrypt and it fails to compile if libgcrypt is installed in no
default position such as /tmp/test.
Also notice that for testing, I just removed libgcrypt package, which
install libgcrypt into default directory and libgcrypt-config in
/tmp/test should be selected.

I think we should collect ac_compile in configure script somehow or just
change cflags given here.

Thank you in advance,
Yoshisato Yanagisawa.

--