updates in mpi

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun May 4 15:40:10 CEST 2008

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> I've pushed into git the gnutls_with_ext_mpi branch. In this branch the
> mpi (bigint) operations were moved to:
> 1. Internal API: gnutls_mpi.h -> gnutls_mpi.c
> 2. Backend: mpi-libgcrypt.c
>
> the public key crypto ops to:
> 1. Internal API: gnutls_pk.h -> gnutls_pk.c
> 2. Backend: pk-libgcrypt.c
>
> It is not fully workable yet.

I've finally finished it. The current interface in crypto.h allows
(1) to register specific ciphers (when a hw engine is present for some
cipher) at runtime, (2) to replace the whole engine for
cipher/mac/digest/bigint/public key both at runtime and compile time[0].

Currently what is left to be done is to rewrite opencdk to use the
gnutls internal api for accessing ciphers/mac/pk and write a test case
for _pkcs12_string_to_key() which was modified but not tested since then.

[0]. for compile time replacement check the *-libgcrypt.c files. Only
those need to be replaced.