confirmation that debian #480041 is a gnutls problem, and steps to reproduce

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 09:29:44 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:24:02AM +0200, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> For neon to solve this, it has to perform a handshake after the
> rehandshake request has been required.

Ah, I didn't realise that - OpenSSL will automatically rehandshake
whenever requested by the server.  So to provide the equivalent
behaviour with GnuTLS, I have to do something like:

start:
   ret = gnutls_record_send(blah);
   if (ret == GNUTLS_E_REHANDSHAKE) {
       gnutls_handshake(blah);
       goto start;
   }

and similarly with calls to record_recv?

Regards, Joe