TLS handshake problems

Sebastien Decugis sdecugis at nict.go.jp
Fri Nov 28 02:23:55 CET 2008

Hello,

This is not an answer to your TLS problem, but I'd like to highlight
that in Diameter if the TLS handshake fails you don't have to send a
DPR. Here is an extract from draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-14 section 5.6:

"   If the TLS handshake is successful, all further messages
   will be sent via TLS.  If the handshake fails, both ends move to the
   closed state."

I believe this provides you a workaround for your problem, since if the
connection is simply closed, your client will exit the handshake routine.

Best regards,
Sebastien.