Using LGPLv3+ license for libgnutls?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 10 10:40:12 CEST 2008

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:32, simon at josefsson.org said:

> Summarizing, the only significant problem I've seen raised so far has
> been incompatibility with GPLv2-only projects, and we have a concrete
> list of such projects to look more closely at.

Did you also checked for applications using GnuTLS indirectly?  For
example by using libldap or libcurl or *libgtk2.0*?

I doubt that there is any way to change gnutls to LGPLv3+ without
causing great harm to our software ecosystem.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
Linux-Kongress 2008 + Hamburg + October 7-10 + www.linux-kongress.org