2.5.7 gnutls_x509_privkey_generate() returns GNUTLS_E_INVALID_REQUEST

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Sep 17 10:35:07 CEST 2008

Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> writes:

> The following short test program runs when compiled against
> 2.4.0. Compiling it against 2.5.7 causes it to report a
> GNUTLS_E_INVALID_REQUEST from the second call to
> gnutls_x509_privkey_generate().

I can't reproduce this, adding this somewhere:

  printf ("vers %s %s\n", LIBGNUTLS_VERSION, gnutls_check_version (NULL));

Does print 2.5.7 for both, confirming that I really use 2.5.7.  So it
seems something else is required to reproduce this.  Can you try to
debug gnutls_x509_privkey_generate and see what happens?

Does 'certtool -p' trigger the same problem for you?

/Simon