Git repository --- build errors

lfinsto at gwdg.de lfinsto at gwdg.de
Wed Dec 2 15:54:18 CET 2009

Hello,

I managed to build the package from the git repository at Savannah, but I
had to fix several errors:

1.

cryptodev.c:46: error: 'EALG_MAX_BLOCK_LEN' undeclared here (not in a
function)

I solved this by adding this line in `cryptodev.c':

#define EALG_MAX_BLOCK_LEN 16

I don't think this is a very clean or safe solution.  Does anyone know
where it's supposed to be defined?

2.

serv.c:1170: error: cast to pointer from integer of different size
[-Wint-to-pointer-cast]

Solved by calling `configure' with the option `--enable_gcc_warnings=no',
then calling `make' again.

The problem is in the last line of this code:

gnutls_transport_set_ptr (tls_session,
                          (gnutls_transport_ptr_t)
			   gl_fd_to_handle (accept_fd));

I tried various things which didn't work before calling `configure' again
as above, but didn't go into the problem very thoroughly.  It seems to
involve `_get_osfhandle()'.

3.

/home/lfinsto/gnutls/doc//gnutls.texi:4077: Cross reference to nonexistent
node `gnutls_crypto_digest_register2' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
/home/lfinsto/gnutls/doc//gnutls.texi:4053: Cross reference to nonexistent
node `gnutls_crypto_single_mac_register2' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).

Solved by commenting-out these lines in `gnutls.texi'.

I hope this report is useful.

There's another thing which may or may not be an issue from the point of
view of the GNUTLS developers:  I usually program in C++ and I've been
using code from the samples in the documentation and compiling with g++.
Several times I've had to add explicit casts of pointers where C doesn't
require them but C++ does.  Not wishing to interfere in something that's
not my business, but I thought I'd mention this in case the developers
think that compatibility with C++ would be desirable.

Laurence

Laurence Finston
Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen

Telefon: 	+49 551 201-1882
E-Mail: 	lfinsto at gwdg.de