Compiling issues on Mac OS X 10.5.6

Robin Seggelmann seggelmann at fh-muenster.de
Mon Mar 23 22:20:23 CET 2009

Ok, I tried again now. The following almost worked:

autoreconf -i -f
./configure
make

Manually adding the hundreds of missing '\n' in en at boldquot.po and en at quot.po
.

make autoreconf
make

This is ok so far, but then I'm getting the following error:

creating errcodes
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I../lib/includes -I../lib/
includes -I/usr/local/include  -g -O2 -MT printlist.o -MD -MP -
MF .deps/printlist.Tpo -c -o printlist.o printlist.c
printlist.c:26:26: error: gnutls/extra.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [printlist.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is the git version seriously broken for Mac OS X or am I doing
anything wrong??

Robin

On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Robin Seggelmann wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> Robin Seggelmann <seggelmann at fh-muenster.de> writes:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I checked the latest GNUTLS out of the git repository and tried to
>>> build it on Mac OS X 10.5.6. Unfortunately I only get to the
>>> language
>>> files where I get the following errors:
>>>
>>> Making install in po
>>> test ! -f ./libgnutls.pot || \
>>> 	  test -z "en at boldquot.gmo en at quot.gmo de.gmo fr.gmo ms.gmo
>>> nl.gmo pl.gmo sv.gmo vi.gmo" || make en at boldquot.gmo en at quot.gmo
>>> de.gmo  fr.gmo ms.gmo nl.gmo pl.gmo sv.gmo vi.gmo
>>> rm -f en at boldquot.gmo && /usr/local/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o
>>> en at boldquot.gmo
>>> en at boldquot.po
>>> en at boldquot.po:46: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with
>>> \n'
>>> en at boldquot.po:50: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with
>>> \n'
>>> en at boldquot.po:54: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with
>>> \n'

>>> en at boldquot.po:1127: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end
>>> with
>>> \n'
>>> en at boldquot.po:1132: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end
>>> with
>>> \n'
>>> en at boldquot.po:1137: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end
>>> with
>>> \n'
>>> /usr/local/bin/msgfmt: found 161 fatal errors
>>> 245 translated messages.
>>> make[3]: *** [en at boldquot.gmo] Error 1
>>> make[2]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2