Libtasn1 2.0 release candidate

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Mon Mar 30 12:01:34 CEST 2009

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> writes:
>
>> On 2009-03-23 Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
>>> I'm going to release libtasn1 v2.0 in a week or so, please test the
>>> following archive to make sure the official release will work fine.
>>
>>> http://daily.josefsson.org/libtasn1/libtasn1-20090323.tar.gz
>> [...]
>>
>> It would be nice if we had a stable gnutls whose ./configure finds
>> libtasn without the libtasn1-config script before the stable libtasn
>> drops the script.
>
> Good point.  I'll do another 2.6.x with that.

Please test updated daily snapshot:

http://daily.josefsson.org/gnutls-2.6/gnutls-2.6-20090330.tar.gz

The release notes for libtasn1 v2.0 will also say that if anyone needs a
libtasn1 that provides a libtasn1-config script (for use with older
applications) they can use libtasn1 v1.x.  I'll continue to support v1.x
as a stable branch for some time to come, and if there are security
problems during that time I'll do new releases for both v1.x and v2.x.
The code is mostly identical except for indentation and cosmetic
changes, so any security patch will apply to both branches.

/Simon