gnutls-2.2.1 fails to build on HP-UX

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed Nov 25 02:57:27 CET 2009

In the Sage project, gnutls is causing a problem on both OpenSolaris and HP-UX.
The latter is not a supported OS, but I have tried building parts of Sage on it.

This is the HP-UX error.

Any thoughts why this may be happening?

We tried a later version, and that was causing problems not only on HP-UX and
OpenSolaris, but also on Solaris 10 (SPARC).

If any developer needs access to a Solaris 10 (SPARC) or HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC)
processor, I can provide it. The SPARC is a newish 16-core machine. The latter
is an old machine I personally own, but do allow others access to it.

Dave