libgnutlsxx link problems

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Oct 6 11:49:51 CEST 2009

Boyan Kasarov <bkasarov at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I am having problems linking against libgnutlsxx.

Hi.  Thanks for the report!

> This errors appears if I use versions from 2.8.3 upto 2.9.4 (snapshot
> 20091004 from http://daily.josefsson.org/gnutls/ ) , I couldn't find
> where gnutls source is , I didn't test versions before 2.8.3

Source code for all versions are available from:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/download.html

Version controlled sources are available from:

https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=gnutls

> **** SRP related classes don't get build because of missing ENABLE_SRP
> preprocessor flag ( even if srp is enabled from configure ). It can be
> fixed by including config.h in lib/gnutlsxx.cpp, here is patch :

Indeed, thank you it has been pushed.

> **** The second problem is missing typeinfo for some classes, including
> gnutls::exception in the example. I used this hack to fix it:

I used your hack for now...

> However I think some solution like explained at this url -
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility could be implemented for the C++
> bindings.

...however I agree with this, but don't have time to work on it.
Patches are welcome, but I think you will need to sign a copyright
transfer to the FSF because such a patch would end up being more than a
couple of lines.  Let me know privately if you want to make that happen.

/Simon