RFC - support for subjectUniqueID and issuerUniqueID

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Aug 10 08:30:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

During investigation into some windows protocols, we've found that windows
servers create certificates that make use of the subjectUniqueID and
issuerUniqueID fields. They seem to contain GUID values.

The attached patch (which I'm looking for feedback on, not to be applied at
this stage) allows fetching / display of those fields. I have a second patch
for setting / writing those fields, but I haven't tested it yet. A sample
certificate is also attached.

I recognise that they aren't normally used (and are deprecated), but for
interop purposes, I'd like to be able to access them if necessary.

Thoughts and comments?

Brad