GnuTLS error -8: A record packet with illegal version was received.

Richard Wardt van Duijvenbode richard at centreos.nl
Wed Dec 1 11:38:22 CET 2010

Hi,
I got this bug for you guys:

-ChanServ- [#gnu] Welcome to #gnu, the official channel of the GNU Project. Please read and follow http://www.gnu.org/server/irc-rules.html.
* #gnu :http://www.gnu.org/
<Wardt> I got a "GnuTLS error -8: A record packet with illegal version was received." using FTPES. One account works, the other doesn't. Does anyone know what this is and what I can do to fix it?
<jmd> Wardt, First you should report it as a bug to the GnuTLS maintainers since that error message is in breach of the Gnu coding standards.

Furthermore, could you please tell me what the error message means and how I can fix this situation?

Thanks,

Wardt

*CENTREOS * E-commerce & Relatiebeheer

Bezoekadres: 	Tivolilaan 205, 6824 BV Arnhem
Postadres: 	Postbus 2, 6800 AA Arnhem
Telefoon: 	+31 26 8454570 <callto:031268454570>
Fax: 	+31 26 8454540
Website: 	www.centreos.nl <http://www.centreos.nl/>
Twitter: 	Centreos <http://www.twitter.com/Centreos>