Renegotiation patch

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Jan 12 20:27:52 CET 2010

Steve Dispensa wrote:
> All,
>
> Here is an updated patch that conforms to the latest secure renegotiation draft (draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-03). Included are a 570-line patch plus two new source files implementing the extension.
>
> This patch is still not quite perfect, but I wanted to get it into people's hands sooner rather than later, so here it is. Some of the remaining shortcomings:

I have just merged this to git. I have also added some new extension
class (resumed) to add the safe renegotiation extension since this one
has to be parsed even when resuming (which we don't do for other
extensions). I also changed the default to allow an initial negotiation
even if safe renegotiation extension exists.

>  - Correct error return values (rather than -1)
>  - Send appropriate alerts, as required by the draft
>  - Documentation of the two new API's,
Those should have been done.

> [...] as well as of the design
>  - Automated test cases