master branch --- build problems

lfinsto at gwdg.de lfinsto at gwdg.de
Fri Jul 30 16:21:13 CEST 2010

On Fri, July 30, 2010 4:01 pm, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> lfinsto at gwdg.de writes:
>
>> On Fri, July 30, 2010 10:12 am, lfinsto at gwdg.de wrote:

>> 1. LDFLAGS must be set explicitly or libgcrypt isn't found.
>
> Try --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/home/lfinsto/libgcrypt-1.4.6 instead.  In
> my experience LDFLAGS can causes more problems than it solves.

I always call configure with this option.  I was trying to find out why
libgcrypt wasn't always found.  I think I may have found the place where
things go wrong, but I have to trace back through some m4 macro
definitions.  I'll have to get back to this another time.

>> 2.  configure must be called after `make bootstrap' because the latter
>> doesn't accept options.
>
> It does, you may supply them as 'make ADDFLAGS=--with-foo' or similar.
> Check at the top of cfg.mk for variable names and how they are used.

Okay, thanks.

>> 3.  Files installed by libtoolize are not readable by the user (?!).
>
> This seems weird, and could be a problem with your libtool installation.
> Maybe you can debug it?

I'll try.

>> 4.  gcrypt.h isn't found "automatically".
>
> It should be if you use --with-libgcrypt-prefix.

This would seem to be more-or-less the same problem as above.  This is the
note I've made to myself:

Start in ~/gnutls_dev/gnutls_master/lib/m4/hooks.m4:  Trace what
AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS does.  Try to get the path of the libgnutls library
and header files out and use them where needed.  See
~/gnutls_dev/gnutls_master/lib/gcrypt/Makefile.am.  I think AM_CPPFLAGS in
this file needs to be changed for this to work.

Laurence

Laurence Finston
Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen

Telefon: 	+49 551 201-1882
E-Mail: 	lfinsto at gwdg.de