ASN1 structure implementation is missing for OID 2.5.4.17 which is PostalCode, and OID 2.5.4.41 (Name) definition

Konjarla, Pavan pavan.konjarla at hp.com
Wed Mar 17 16:33:22 CET 2010

Hello,

GnuTLS certtool is unable to display the correct value of Postal Code when the certificate subject contains 'Postal Code' as its one of DN fields.

 The scenario how to reproduce is as follows,

1.       Create a CSR with a DN which contains Postal Code as one of its DN attributes.

2.       Send the CSR to any CA for test certificate.

3.       After getting the certificate display the certificate using the certtool  with ./certtool -i -infile <certificate>  command.

4.       Observed that the value for Postal Code is displayed something like PostalCode=#0c06343030303933 instead of a valid decimal value.

To fix this problem we should add the definition for Postal Code with the corresponding OID in ASN1 structure.

 I am attaching the patch file with the feasible fix. Kindly let me know if you need any other information/clarification.

Regards,
Pavan