[sr #107538] Patch: "warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size"

Simon Josefsson INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Thu Nov 25 18:55:09 CET 2010

Follow-up Comment #2, sr #107538 (project gnutls):

Re pointer-from-integer: why ssize_t?  Wouldn't 'unsigned long' be better?
Otherwise I agree with this patch.

Re gnutls_handshake.patch: this looks wrong for two reasons, first we don't
use assert () because it would crash an application (instead we should return
errors), and secondly, I don't think there is an error to end up in the
default case.  So there is no reason for even gnutls_assert there, is there?

/Simon

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107538>