`pkg-config gnutls --variable=crypto_lib`

Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis arfrever.fta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 15:22:32 CEST 2010

2010-10-24 14:44:02 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos napisał(a):
> On 10/24/2010 02:09 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> > The attached patch adds support for `pkg-config gnutls --variable=crypto_lib`
> > so that users of GnuTLS can check crypto library used by GnuTLS.
> > It might be useful for build systems of packages, which use GnuTLS.
>
> Why you need to know the backend library? The only reason that might
> require knowing that is when you do conditional compilation with older
> gnutls versions that use libgcrypt and pthreads. In that case you might
> want to follow  the instructions in the "NEWS" file. That is use:
>
> #if GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER <= 0x020b00
>         gcry_control(...)
> #endif
>
> to distinguish between the situations where you need to call libgcrypt
> to setup the threads explicitly (later gnutls versions implicitly
> initialize thread support whether with libgcrypt or nettle).

I thought that this functionality might be useful for Neon. See:
http://lists.manyfish.co.uk/pipermail/neon/2010-October/001286.html

src/ne_gnutls.c of Neon contains:

int ne__ssl_init(void)
{
#ifdef NE_HAVE_TS_SSL
    gcry_control(GCRYCTL_SET_THREAD_CBS, &gcry_threads_pthread);
#endif
    gcry_control(GCRYCTL_ENABLE_QUICK_RANDOM, 0);
    return gnutls_global_init();
}

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis