Emacs core TLS support

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Mon Sep 27 21:07:42 CEST 2010

Ted Zlatanov <tzz at lifelogs.com> writes:

> With Lars' latest change we found that enabling logging, in itself, will
> make things work (yay!).  We guessed it was the delay introduced by
> logging but using (sit-for 0.1) in the handshake loop doesn't work like
> enabling logging.  So it's something specific about the logging
> function's interaction with Emacs and looking at the wire is *probably*
> not going to help.  But I don't know yet what's going on.

I did one further test.  If I replace the `message' in the logging
function with a printf, it still works.  But if I then said

$ emacs > /dev/null

then it didn't work.

Which may point to a timing issue again.

I forgot to test with > file, to actually see what the debugging info
was.  :-/

  larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen