different lib directories for gnutls and nettle

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Apr 3 01:42:10 CEST 2011

On 03/31/2011 12:48 AM, Brian Gough wrote:
> Hi, now that GNU TLS is using nettle I notice there is a difference
> between the --libdir for the two packages on 64 bit.
> Nettle installs to $prefix/lib64/ and GNU TLS looks for it in
> $prefix/lib/ -- so it fails and the standard configure/install to a
> prefix doesn't work.

Indeed it seems nettle for some reason uses the /usr/lib64. Niels,
is there really a reason for that? As I understand from the FHS[0]
/usr/lib is the system library directory. /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib32
might not even be there.

[0].
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLIBRARIESFORPROGRAMMINGANDPA