[sr #107648] Misleading documentation for GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_X509_V1_CA_CRT

Christopher Head INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Tue Apr 5 03:52:45 CEST 2011

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None

Details:

The GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_X509_V1_CA_CRT option has as its first documentation
sentence "Allow only trusted CA certificates that have version 1.".

This is misleading. The first time I read it, I thought it meant it would
reject V3 CA certificates, allowing only V1 CA certificates! It might read
better as "Allow only trusted CA certificates *to be* version 1."

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107648>