ABI breakage in 2.10.4 --> 2.11.6?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Feb 17 23:13:29 CET 2011

On 02/17/2011 08:00 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think the the ABI in 2.11.6 was changed relative to 2.10.
> Considering the recent discussion on list I guess this was not done
> intentionally.

That part of the API concerns gnutls internals thus it is always
under revision. However it will not cause any crashes since it relies
on GNUTLS_CRYPTO_API_VERSION number to detect the version of the
structures supplied. The catch is that applications that replace
gnutls's internals will need recompilation every time...