deprecated funtions without direct successor

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue May 3 13:36:20 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
<nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:

>> I have test-built most of the gnutls-depending packages, checking for
>> build errors with 2.12.
>> Afaict there are a couple of recently deprecated functions without
>> successor. Is this correct, do you have any pointer, suggestions?
>> gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas (neon27, openldap)
> There is no direct successor to this function. It depended on internal
> data that are already non-existing in 2.99.x. I'll try to check
> those packages on how they use it, to see if there could be some
> alternative way to achieve that functionality.

Hello Andreas,
 I've checked and it seems both libraries use  gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas()
in order to find the issuer in credentials of a given certificate.
I'll add a function
that does exactly that using the credentials and this would even optimize
things for those libraries. It would be something like:
int gnutls_certificate_get_issuer(gnutls_certificate_credentials_t cred,
  gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, const gnutls_x509_crt_t* issuer);