guile testsuite failure (gnutls 3.0.1 and later) and armel and mipsel

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Nov 7 21:31:20 CET 2011

Hi Nikos,

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> skribis:

> On 11/06/2011 10:35 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>
>>> Is it a guile
>>> issue or gnutls' guile code?
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>>   #include <libguile.h>
>>   int main () {
>>     printf ("%i -> %i\n", _FILE_OFFSET_BITS, sizeof (scm_t_port));
>>   }
>> Compile & run with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32 then -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64:
>>   32 -> 96
>> Problems arise when libguile is compiled, say, with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32
>> whereas gnutls-guile is compiled with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.
>
> So as I understand it, it doesn't really seem like a gnutls or guile
> issue.

Well, yes and no.  Application programmers are free to choose whichever
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS they may want.  So it’s a Guile problem in the sense
that libguile’s API should match its ABI, and thus should be independent
of the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value its users choose for themselves.

That’s how it was fixed in Guile 2.0:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?id=f1ce9199335bebab1a62286ac965f33dc91ca97f

Thanks,
Ludo’.