gnutls_e_asn1_element_not_found

Tapiwa Gutu tapiwa.gutu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:24:16 CET 2011

Hi,

I am writing a server application to to use TLS in Common Lisp running on
Ubuntu 10.04LTS. Since I am using a foreign language I load gnutls.so into
my image.
I am incrementally building it up and everything is working well so far but
when I perform a handshake with any server I get a
GNUTLS_E_ASN1_ELEMENT_NOT_FOUND error.
Connecting to the same server using gnutls-cli with the same ciphersuite
and priority string works so I am stumped. Ideas?

Regards,
Tapiwa

MIH Electronic Media Lab
Electronic & Electrical Engineering Department
Stellenbosch University
South Africa
http://www.ml.sun.ac.za/