[sr #107802] GNU TLS 3.0.2 breaks Evolution sync with Google Agenda account.

anonymous INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Fri Sep 16 12:23:36 CEST 2011

Follow-up Comment #7, sr #107802 (project gnutls):

Ok the text was enough to see the case. Indeed the server terminated the
connection non-properly and this is what gnutls is reporting. This is reported
via the GNUTLS_E_PREMATURE_TERMINATION error code (in gnutls 2.x the generic
GNUTLS_E_UNEXPECTED_PACKET_LENGTH was used). Maybe you could report this to
the evolution developers to report the error only without invalidating the
already received data. I know that other libraries just ignore this error, but
note that if you ignore it you'll never notice an attack that truncates the
data sent by the server. From gnutls side there is not much we can do.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107802>