GnuTLS internal error in wine test case

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Sep 26 11:43:19 CEST 2011

2011/9/26 Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de>:

>> Does it do a localhost connection? If yes, then if I'm provided the
>> capture (in a format wireshark can read), I could provide some hints to
>> someone who knows what the code does, of what could be possibly wrong.
> It connects an internet server but nevertheless I attached the sniffed stream
> (with wireshark)

Interesting. The handshake is completed successfully but the data
exchanged are not encrypted! I see in the capture that the TLS
application data packet contains the TLS headers and plaintext data
(an HTTP get request).  That's why the peer responds with an alert. He
would expect encrypted data instead.
It might be something in pEncryptMessage() or in its usage but I'm not
familiar with the API to provide more info.