Building GnuTLS 3.0.9 on MS-Windows

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Fri Jan 13 08:35:27 CET 2012

> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 00:24:39 +0100
> From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org>
> CC: gnutls-devel at gnu.org
>
> On 01/12/2012 09:19 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>

> >> I'll add the gnulib usleep module for that.
> > On second thought, would it be possible to use the nanosleep module
> > from gnulib instead?  That one does have a non-trivial implementation
> > for MS-Windows that supports sub-millisecond sleep periods.
>

> That sleep is not really important in udp-serv. I'll remove it
> completely.

That will of course solve the whole issue cleanly ;-)
Thanks.

> It is quite strange though that gnulib doesn't use Sleep() in
> windows to emulate usleep, better than plain sleep at least.

True.  However, calling `Sleep' would not solve the problem in this
case, since it has 10-msec granularity, and will not sleep at all if
called with an argument less than that.  udp-serv wanted to sleep for
100 microseconds, so to my eyes of someone who knows absolutely
nothing about the reason for that delay, this looked like `Sleep' will
not solve the problem.