make distcheck failure in gnutls-guile 'ERROR: no code for module (gnutls)'

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Jan 17 23:11:11 CET 2012

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> skribis:

> ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> skribis:
>>
>>> I'm getting the error below on 'make distcheck'.  Any ideas?  There
>>> haven't been any significant changes in the guile/ sub-directory for
>>> quite a while, so I'm puzzled what triggered this.
>>
>> Can you try:
>>
>>   $ ./pre-inst-guile
>>   guile> (use-modules (gnutls))
>>
>> Most likely guile-gnutls.so fails to be loaded for some reason–e.g.,
>> unresolved symbols.
>
> That works fine.  It is only when I run 'make distcheck' the problem
> happens.  'make check' works.  Is there any way to make the code print
> some more debugging information to allow me to pin-point the problem?
> Right now it says:
>
> ERROR: no code for module (gnutls)
> FAIL: anonymous-auth.scm

That’s another $(builddir) != $(srcdir) issue.  Can you check whether
f02628b3c9577e9a5a1fcaa87bdd2759fbd7011c fixes the problem?

The regression was introduced in
9d31ac4504a6cbaa1cf701efed301961f4ad5359, which changed
modules/gnutls.scm to be generated, and thus in $builddir instead of
$srcdir.

Sorry about that!

Ludo’.