SSL handshake fails between libcurl and libgnutls/MHD

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Jan 19 20:24:27 CET 2012

On 01/19/2012 06:29 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> After a recent update of libcurl / libgnutls on my Debian unstable
> system, the fully automated tests of GNU libmicrohttpd for HTTPS started
> to fail.  These tests start an HTTPS server using libgnutls and GNU
> libmicrohttpd and then try downloading a site using libcurl.
> Here is the key output:
> $ cd libmicrohttpd/src/testcurl/https/; make check
> curl version: libcurl/7.23.1 GnuTLS/2.12.14 zlib/1.2.3.4 libidn/1.23
> librtmp/2.3
> # ...
> curl_easy_perform failed: `SSL connect error'
> Error: received handshake message out of context
> Error (code: 4294967295)
> FAIL: mhds_session_info_test

Hello,
 The only fundamental that changed between 2.10 and 2.12 is the default
value of lowat to 0. If you were using select() to check for data in
gnutls' buffers you need to check [0]. If this is not your issue I'd
suggest to verify that what you experience persists with 2.12.16 (the
latest in 2.12), and then report again with more information (gnutls
errors codes and/or tcpdump info), as Simon already noted.

[0]. https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107660#comment3