[sr #108090] Unable to decode PKCS12 with NULL password since 3.0.20

Alexandre Chataignon INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Thu Jul 19 23:32:35 CEST 2012

Follow-up Comment #2, sr #108090 (project gnutls):

Actually, I have generated a batch of pkcs12 certificates with a python
snippet similar to the one I have posted without asking me too much questions.
I mean, it uses openssl api in its simplest form, the generated pkcs12 works
fine with openssl itself, but also in OpenVPN for example. It's impossible for
me to regenerate all the certificates, so yes, I would like backwards
compatibility.

I don't know the right behavior, but the fact that it used to work in gnutls
and that it works in OpenSSL makes me think that's a regression.

> Do you see difference in the key generated from "" with 0 size, and NULL
with 0 size?

Ahem, I don't understand the question, can you describe please ?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108090>