conftest against -lgnutls fails with libtasn1 3.0

Andreas Metzler ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org
Thu Nov 1 08:26:53 CET 2012

On 2012-11-01 Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Morning

> Arch Linux updated to libtasn1 3.0 yesterday. Wine no longer passes
> configure --with-gnutls.
> Adding -ltasn1 to /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gnutls.pc fixes the issue. #archlinux
> suggested reporting it upstream, so I wanted to ping it on the ML.

> Attached is the relevant config.log bit, if anyone is curious. Suggestions?
[...]

| /usr/bin/ld: warning: libtasn1.so.3, needed by
| /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib32/libgnutls.so,
| not found

This looks like you were trying to link against a version of gnutls
which was built against libtasn1 2.x but did not install libtasn
2.x.

libtasn 3.x and 2.x are not binary compatible (which is why the soname
was changed), depending software including gnutls needs to be rebuilt
to use the newer tasn version.

cu andreas

so grateful to you.'