[gnutls-devel] Errors building GnuTLS

Jaak Ristioja jaak.ristioja at cyber.ee
Fri Feb 1 10:27:36 CET 2013

At first I thought the same, but when I started hacking on it, it
actually proved to be easier to implement it this way, because
previously whether a tool (e.g. srptool) is built or not was dependent
on whether certain feature (e.g. SRP) was enabled or not.

Additionally, I already have a usecase where I need to install just some
of the tools (i.e. certtool). If I only had --disable-tools, I'd have to
work around it using other means (i.e. integrate some sed/patching
capabilities to my automatic building tools).

Of course it is possible to implement a --disable-tools, but then the
Makefile.am files might require even more conditional checking (e.g. for
srptool, this would mean checking for --disable-tools, --disable-srp and
--disable-srptool).

My proposed changes don't make the build system perfect in this matter,
but they're simple and sufficient for most use cases, I think.

Best regards,
Jaak