[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS 3.1.7 can't connect to Google Talk

Diego Elio Pettenò flameeyes at flameeyes.eu
Sat Feb 9 20:37:53 CET 2013

On 09/02/2013 18:48, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> So the DHE prime used is pretty low. A quick workaround is to use the
> PERFORMANCE security level (if the application allows you to switch).

In all honestly, my workaround was to change telepathy-gabble to use
OpenSSL that works.

Do note that telepathy-gabble (which is used by KDE4's preferred Jabber
implementation) defaults to GnuTLS first, and Pidgin also supports
GnuTLS... I don't know about other Jabber clients TBH, but for sure it's
a bother if the defaults in GnuTLS make them break.

(I haven't checked what binary distributions use for these two, Gentoo
allows you to switch on Pidgin, and I've asked the same to happen for
gabble).

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes at flameeyes.euhttp://blog.flameeyes.eu/